Care assistant made a difficult time better for our family
Jenny Lamb says care home deputy manager Jenni Duxbury showed exceptional care and compassion throughout her grandfather’s stay
My grandad had been living independently at home until a fall last year brought about a rapid decline in his health. Just before Christmas he went into the Belmont Residential Home in Longridge, near Preston, for palliative care.
There are quite a lot of negative stories in the media about care homes and the level of care that residents receive, but this could not have been further from our experience. In the few weeks that my grandad was there, he and my family received exceptional care and support.
Care assistant and deputy manager at the home Jenni Duxbury showed genuine compassion and care. A lot of our family do not live nearby, and she provided updates by phone all the time.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests