Free parking: should it remain in place for nurses after pandemic restrictions end?
The end of free public parking, granted as an emergency measure to support healthcare staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, is going to make home visiting more difficult and expensive for the community nursing workforce
Free parking for nurses in council car parks and on-street spaces will be axed in England when final lockdown restrictions are lifted, although free parking in hospital car parks will remain for the pandemics duration.
But is this creating a two-tier system, with community nurses being penalised in a way hospital nurses arent?
Nursing Standard readers have their say.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring more than 200 topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- RCNi Learning featuring 180 CPD-accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests