Working with Adolescent Violence and Abuse Towards Parents: Approaches and Contexts for Intervention
Yet evidence about child-on-parent abuse is accumulating, as is criticism that advice is difficult to obtain and practical support is lacking.
This text fills some of these gaps with a rounded discussion of precursors to adolescent violence and abuse, as well as contemporary interventions. It draws on evidence from around the world and contributors identify, present and explore what works.
The text is in two parts: the first explores interventions and their theoretical basis, the second looks at the challenges of working with adolescents and their families.
Presented in an engaging style, this book is a research-based exploration of the complexities and challenges involved in child-on-parent abuse. Although there is little focus on health professionals in this field, the text has much to offer about interventions and approaches that can be applied to adolescents and their families, and would be a valuable resource for practitioners working with...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests