Using Health Policy in Nursing Practice
It takes the reader through a logical explanation of policy development at local, national and international levels, its relevance to health care, and involving patients and the public.
Chapter six, which deals with care, compassion and dignity in the context of policy, and highlights the idea of caring for carers as well as the benefits of caring, is particularly useful. It also covers the six fundamental values in nursing policy regarding compassion.
The chapters on public health policy and inequalities in health, wellbeing and nursing practice will not disappoint, while the final chapter, which succinctly champions the need to use health policy in the day-to-day practice of nursing, is also invaluable.
The book’s strength is the activities woven into the chapters, which encourage the reader to engage in reflection, evidence-based research and critical thinking. Case studies also bring health policy implementation alive as they trace the journeys...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests