Treating Substance Abuse (Third Edition)
The editors and contributing authors, all from strong psychology and medical backgrounds, have contributed widely to the substance misuse field.
This third edition addresses several addiction theories, theorems, therapies and research, which coincide with current treatment barriers. The chapters provide a foundation for applying theory to practice, therefore bridging the gap of effective and not so effective techniques used in substance misuse treatment. Modern-day psychological and medical techniques for managing substance use are also provided, and behavioural techniques are critically reviewed.
A formula for behavioural economics, 12-step recovery facilitation, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy show an extensive analysis for a well thought-out case management plan.
Primary care nurses should read this book to enhance their technique on behavioural strategies, substance use treatment plans and knowledge of addiction.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests