Studying Postgraduate Healthcare A Pre-reader
As a ‘pre-reader’ it does not attempt to give in-depth advice on all aspects of postgraduate study. But what it does well is to encourage the reader to consider postgraduate study in the context of other commitments, motivation, expectations and possible pitfalls. There are concise segments on many topics, ranging from maintaining a good work/life balance to developing postgraduate study skills.
The authors explain the need for self-directed learning and explore what this might entail. They provide suggestions throughout for how the reader might find information specific to them, providing a kick-start to the postgraduate journey.
A useful section lists other resources (primarily websites) where readers can access more in-depth information on postgraduate study in general.
The language used is easy to follow, even for those unfamiliar with academic or healthcare terminology, or for whom English is a second language.
A gentle introduction to what could...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests