Palliative Care for Older People (First edition)
Among the topics covered are the implications of holistic care at the end of life, and the authors highlight the importance of providing palliative care that is based on the needs of the person, not their prognosis.
Although this book deals specifically with the care of older people, many areas discussed apply to palliative care in general. The information on advance care planning delivers invaluable insight and complements discussion of the ethical dilemmas that can arise in palliative care for the older population.
Key issues explored in the book are supported by up-to-date, international literature. Information relating to the holistic care of people with dementia is also explored, and the main considerations for health professionals highlighted.
This book would make an interesting read for generalists and specialist palliative care providers.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests