The Nurse’s War
With gunfire all around and bombs going off, the book tells the story of Daisy’s personal and professional life during the Blitz, and how she tries to protect herself while doing her best to help others survive.
Well written and easy to read, this charming book is so descriptive in places you can imagine yourself being there. The description of Daisy’s nursing life has been well researched, and the book provides a detailed account of the duties expected of a nurse at that time. It also tells the moving story of how Daisy attempts to cope without her husband after he betrays her.
The sequel to The Girl from Cobb Street, this is the second book in a trilogy. Daisy’s past life is recounted so it can be read as a stand-alone book, but my biggest recommendation would be to read all three.
If you enjoy historical...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests