Nightingales at War
Familiar faces from previous books return, including nurse Helen, who lost her husband, and Dora, who leaves her young twins in the care of her mother so she can look after those in need in hospital.
We are introduced to new character Eva, a shy girl who sees hospital life as an escape from the pressures of home life, and Voluntary Aid Detachment workers Cissy and Jennifer, who think they are entering a glamorous profession caring for young men in uniform, only to be faced with the stark reality of casualties of war.
Either as an individual read or a continuation of the series, this engaging historical saga does not disappoint.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests