The Man Who Didn’t Go To Newcastle
In 2007, Adrian was diagnosed with lung cancer and given a year to live. Sadly, that year was cut short due to a battle with Clostridium difficile and a heart attack, showing how cruel life can be when it gives with one hand and takes away with the other in such a short space of time.
The book details the relationship between Alison and her brother, and how that was tested as his condition deteriorated. Alison’s love for her brother shines through as memories of a childhood in London are evoked, and the reader is taken on a heart-warming and heartbreaking journey of love and loss.
The impact on Alison’s life following Adrian’s diagnosis is also explored. As his next of kin, Alison’s life goes from caring for her family and enjoying her job to coping with endless paperwork, navigating the political minefield of care and planning for...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests