Launching Your Career in Nursing and Midwifery: A Practical Guide
This is a useful guide to help students prepare for the application and interview process associated with their first nursing or midwifery post.
Employability and career planning theories are introduced. A brief theoretical background to the book helps set the context and encourages readers to consider the wide employment opportunities available.
Chapters on career planning, job applications, the selection and recruitment process, and preparing for interview are easy to follow and full of practical activities.
Students should find the example of a speculative letter, the real-life example of a personal statement and the generic and field-specific sample interview questions of particular benefit.
Handy to-do lists, signposting to further useful resources and insights from candidates, recruiters and service users involved in the interview process are peppered throughout the chapters.
Annabel Smoker | Palgrave Macmillan Education 192pp | £13.99 | ISBN:...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests