Know Your DAS
The Know Your DAS app, created by the National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society, monitors users’ rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in between consultations by prompting them to complete a self-assessment.
The DAS28 scoring system measures how well RA is controlled and the level of discomfort. The app includes video tutorials and monitors swollen or tender joints, with an option to add blood test results.Health diary
Features include a health diary that records pain, stiffness, fatigue and swelling. Users can record notes on exercise, diet and medication. They can also track wellbeing over time, and all of this information can be shared with healthcare professionals.
While the app should not replace medical advice, nurses could urge patients to self-examine their joints and input the results to see if the disease could be managed better.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Also available on...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests