How to be a Researcher: A strategic guide for academic success (Second edition)
Realistic advice and strategies are provided in this reader-friendly book. It sets out what students and scholars in psychology must do, why and how to do it to become academic researchers.
This book is well structured, consisting of nine chapters and is divided into two parts.
Part one offers good hints and tips as a starting point for the reader to question their interest and commitment in pursuing academic research. Comprising of seven chapters, the author uses reflective accounts to encourage informed decisions and skills development.
A clear and succinct ‘key points’ table at the end of each chapter allows reflection of learning.
For many nurse researchers, so much of the advice in part one will be familiar; such as the challenges of writing for publication. Meanwhile, part two consists of two chapters and takes readers through key issues to develop their...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests