Honest Answers, Sound Advice: A Young Person’s Guide to Cancer
Targeted at young people going through the same experience, it covers a broad range of topics and offers advice on who to contact for further information. Contemporary, age-appropriate issues are discussed, such as information available on the internet and relationships.
It would be helpful if the guide noted that the nurse may be the patient’s first point of contact, and listed the ward nurse and clinic nurse along with the clinical nurse specialist in the ‘Meet Your Team’ section.
This guide would be useful for students on placement and newly qualified nurses working with teenagers who have cancer and their families. Copies should be available on cancer units and in university libraries.
Go to tinyurl.com/hv65v6d to request or download a copy.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests