Developing Person-Centred Practice. A Practical Approach to Quality Healthcare
The theoretical concepts of practice development are explored, along with the initiation of a practice development culture that is achievable and sustainable in a constantly evolving environment.
Over 11 chapters, the reader is introduced to person-centred practice development methodology, the concept of person-centred care, the creation of a culture of learning, leadership strategies, and sharing new knowledge and ways of working.
Each chapter is well presented and includes a content overview, key points, web-based resources and case studies to support application in a variety of healthcare settings. The section on developing a person-centred ethos within the workplace is especially useful.
The content gives the reader something to think about because it challenges practitioners to see the development of person-centred practice in a positive way, as opposed to activities that detract from the care they are currently giving.
It highlights how developing practice requires changes in the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests