Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism: A guide for practitioners
Among the topics covered in this short, concise book is an exploration of DVT and PE, those at risk and how to treat these conditions. Aided by visual guides, the use of tables and algorithms support understanding, along with consolidation notes and case studies. The authors provide questions after each chapter to test the reader’s grasp before progressing to the next chapter.
The second edition of Dr Blann’s guide includes the addition of the theory and practice of traditional drugs, the use of non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants and a guide to selected drug interactions.
A further section on the recognition and treatment of high-risk superficial vein thrombosis – a condition that often coexists with DVT – would have been useful.
Key issues explored in the book are supported by current, evidence-based practice, with bolded keywords explained in the glossary.
This book would be useful as...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests