Contraception Made Easy
Topics are explored in such a way that they are applicable to a range of healthcare professionals and the inclusion of various charts, such as helping a client to choose an appropriate method, ensures that this book is succinct.
The chapter on special groups is informative and precise and would help method selection for healthcare professionals working with clients. The inclusion of a section on off licence use of combined oral contraception is particularly helpful and ensures contemporaneous advice.
Among the best bits are the tables providing detailed information and scenarios for discussion on sexually transmitted infections. The advice is stimulating and credible and the responses insightful and helpful. The inclusion of the UK’s medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use is also useful.
The layout is user-friendly and the use of bullet points ensures the authors get their message across. The cover is also certainly eye-catching enough....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests