Clinical Placements: Pocket Guides for Student Nurses
★ ★ ★ ★
This useful pocket guide to clinical placements is suitable for nursing students just embarking on their careers. It contains numerous hints and tips designed to take the stress out of placements, with areas covered including getting to the placement, settling in, being there and moving on.
Information ranges from person-centred care and the Nursing and Midwifery Council code of conduct through to induction, working with a mentor, reflection and action planning.
The introduction covers the practical aspects of getting to a placement, the uniform and what to take. Chapter three is especially useful, providing information on personal safety, fundamental skills, basic life support, medication administration, pain management and common medical emergencies.
Where appropriate the text is supported by colour-coded tables, flow charts and diagrams to improve understanding. It features a list of abbreviations and terminology, and guides the student on...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests