Clinical Examination Skills for Healthcare Professionals
Now in its second edition, this practical guide offers excellent yet concise content on an evidence‑based approach to conducting clinical examinations, and includes chapters on perioperative, obstetric and mental health assessments.
It is well-written and thoughtfully laid out, and is supported by a range of knowledge from experts in their fields and current literature.
Each chapter begins with a case study, which helps the reader to relate content to real-life scenarios and encourages critical thinking. Learning is supported by bullet point lists, tables, diagrams and mnemonics that help identify vital information.
The depth of areas covered will make it of interest to a broad range of clinicians. It will be of most interest to clinicians who are newly qualified or have an interest in improving their clinical examination skills, and as a stepping stone to more detailed books on clinical examinations.
Overall, this is...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests