Book review: Writing for Publication in Nursing and Healthcare: Getting it Right
Writing for publication is no longer a task for the learned few.
It is now recognised that sharing your work is a helpful way to make a difference to practice, but getting started can be difficult. Even more established writers can learn new tricks.
Authors Karen Holland and Roger Watson have written a wonderful book that offers a lot more than the title and cover suggest.
The 16 chapters are carefully constructed, so that each tackles a distinct area and all include helpful tips and activities relevant to that particular focus. The chapters vary stylistically, which makes for freshness without losing flow.
The book benefits from Holland and Watson’s expertise as seasoned journal editors as much as from their writing experience. The contributors also have a range of publishing experience and a wealth of focused knowledge on the topic.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests