Book Review: Stories of Dignity within Healthcare: Research, narratives and theories
★ ★ ★ ★★
Dignity is fundamental to us all. It is reflected in what we do every day and includes respect, attitudes and behaviour. It applies to the worth we see in ourselves and how we see and treat others. As health professionals, we have our own dignity as health professionals and also need to ensure we preserve the dignity of others.
In this book, the reader is provided with ample opportunity to consider dignity in relation to how they care for others, especially at times of vulnerability. Over recent years, dignity - something that should be seen as a basic practice central to everything we do, has increased in prominence in health care alongside compassion and end of life care.
This text advocates high quality, compassionate and safe care that preserves the dignity of both the receiver and the provider. Dignity champions...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests