Book Review: Respiratory Nursing at a Glance
Reviewer Rebecca Myatt says this book offers an excellent overview of respiratory conditions
This text presents information on respiratory conditions in a succinct manner, beginning with an overview of the historical context of respiratory nursing and moving on to discuss anatomy and physiology, epidemiology, exercise, nutrition and pulmonary rehabilitation.
There are two particularly good chapters that summarise history-taking and physical assessment – skills nurses are increasingly expected to have.
Respiratory disease is then covered in an easy-to-read, concise format, with numerous visual prompts to aid the reader. Respiratory medication and prescribing are discussed, followed by acute and supportive/palliative care.
Each topic is presented over two pages, with one page of text and one containing charts, tables, diagrams, photographs and pictures, making it a visual read.
The book is written in collaboration with the Association of Respiratory Nurse Specialists,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests