Book review: Oxford Handbook of Surgical Nursing
This is a welcome addition to the Oxford Handbooks in Nursing series and is essential reading for any surgical nurse or allied healthcare professional.
Key features of this evidence-based book are numerous. It is light and pocket-sized, and the format puts access to essential surgical information at your fingertips. It draws on a wealth of contributors and experts in the field of surgical care.
The book is presented in a logical and progressive format and covers patient care from diagnosis through to discharge and rehabilitation. Essential information around documentation and consent is also covered. To take some examples, chapters 5-8 deal with pre-operative optimisation, chapter 16 explains the importance of phlebotomy/blood cultures and chapter 17 reviews each body system.Essential guidance
Key references and suggestions for further reading are given on almost every page. Particularly useful features are essential guidance on common blood...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests