Book review: Introduction to Advanced Nursing Practice – An International Focus
★ ★ ★ ★
This book, supported by the International Council of Nurses, provides an overview of advanced nursing practice around the world. It examines the history of the advance nurse practitioner role (ANP) and discusses its development.
It suggests the popularity of these highly knowledgeable and skilled nurses is a response to increasingly complex yet diverse needs. However, the global response to healthcare challenges has seen these roles develop in different ways.
The book examines the training and professional requirements in several countries and illustrates practice using clear case studies. It offers commentary on key skills such as history taking, physical examinations and prescribing. Finally, it discusses the need for these roles and stresses the importance of ongoing research into their impact on patient care.
This book delivers exactly what the title suggests and will be of interest to nurses looking to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests