Book review: Gestational Diabetes: Your Survival Guide to Diabetes in Pregnancy
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Gestational diabetes is one of the most common pregnancy complications. This book is part of the 'overcoming common problems' series and is aimed at women who have developed gestational diabetes.
It is easy to read and includes a useful glossary at the beginning of the book to explain common medical terms and abbreviations that healthcare professionals can sometimes forget are not part of non-medical language.
The book uses the format of questions and answer, which help the reader to feel engaged rather than overwhelmed, and the information is broken down into short, easy-to-read paragraphs.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidance regarding gestational diabetes is discussed in an understandable way but without oversimplification. Interpretation of best practice and guidance is given in a practical way, including recipes and best ways to increase exercise and activity. The use of case...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests