Book review: Finding Your Emotional Balance: A Guide for Women
This self-help book focuses on the emotional and psychological well-being of women throughout life, offering solutions and strategies to address and maintain emotional health.
The author draws on personal experience of mental illness, which has enabled her to develop understanding and empathy in this area.
The book recognises the challenges that women face during their lives that are specific to their gender, and which may affect their psychological and emotional well-being. Well written and comprehensive, it suggests strategies to help women achieve balance in their emotional lives throughout these stages.
The book is divided into two parts. Part one has five chapters, each dedicated to a different stage in a woman’s life, including the childbearing years, the menopausal transition and the senior years. Part two focuses on the major psychological and psychiatric issues that women may face at any age, including depression,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests