Book Review: Evidence-Based Practice for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals (Third Edition)
This book provides a complete primer on the subject of evidence based practice in healthcare. As an introductory single textbook, it is especially useful for nurses undertaking academic study, or new to the subject.
The authors have made the content relevant to practice. A new chapter focuses on practice development and will be of particular use to ward and service leaders.
The book is divided into three parts: introducing the topic of evidence based practice, critiquing evidence and using evidence to make changes in practice. There are 12 chapters covering topics such as types of evidence, searching for evidence, systematic reviews, critical appraisal and professional and practice development.
Both qualitative and quantitative evidence is explained and individual chapters stand alone as introductions to topics. Different authors contribute to the chapters but the editors have brought a consistent readable voice to the text....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests