Book review: The Drug Conversation: How to talk to your child about drugs
As the title suggests, this book is primarily aimed at parents, although it is suggested that it could be a resource for GPs and their patients about how to talk to children about drugs.
Presented in a logical and easy to follow format, the chapters cover specific topics and provide current information.
The topics could be accessed by any health professional for additional information or as a refresher.
While there is no specific reference to the nurse or nursing role, the content could be particularly useful to community nurses and those working with families and teenagers as much of the information is easily transferrable.
The nursing role in supporting parents to talk to their children is not explicit in the text however helpful hints of how to introduce this challenging subject are a realistic guide to work with.
Case studies throughout...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests