Book Review: Direct Payments and personal budgets: Putting personalisation into practice (3rd edition)
★ ★ ★ ★
This book has been updated to include personal independence payments and education and health personal budgets.
It has been a staple of social work training for several years, and perhaps it is time for it to be considered as part of the required reading for student learning disability nurses too. This is because they will most likely be part of the new wave of personalised support that individuals and families can now access thanks to personalised budgets.
The book is well-written and logical. It outlines the history of personalised budgets and direct payments, outlining areas of concern and risk with strong evidence of their take up, including benefits that service users have gained from using them.
There are case studies and research papers from a broad spectrum of users with disabilities who have personalised their funding for support....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests