Book review: Deprivation of Liberty: Collected Guidance
Deprivation of Liberty is complex and can be a confusing and difficult subject for healthcare professionals. Part of the difficulty in understanding and applying deprivation of liberty safeguards is that there is a complex set of regulations, as well as various sources of guidance, and it can be challenging to find specific information.
This book does not have a particular nursing focus as it is written for all healthcare professionals needing to understand and apply the regulations and guidance to ensure that the rights of vulnerable individuals are safeguarded. Among the guidance included in the book is the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice.
However, this book is clearly written and has a number of features that help demystify the area, such as a comprehensive overview, individual chapters on specific area of practice such as...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests