Book Review: Coping with Diverticulitis: soothe and heal your gut
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This book provides a comprehensive look at all aspects of the disease.
Primarily aimed at people diagnosed with diverticular disease, it covers causes, diagnosis, symptoms, treatments and diet.
While the book is written for people with diverticular disease, there is also invaluable information as a reference text for nursing students as well as nurses working in endoscopy and colorectal and gastroenterology medicine.
The topics covered in the text provide a rounded coverage of all aspects of diverticular disease. It could help healthcare professionals provide patients with information to manage their condition, especially those who are newly diagnosed or struggling with the long-term effects of the disease.
This would be an ideal library or departmental book, and I would also feel confident in recommending it to patients.
Peter Cartwright | Sheldon Press | 128pp | £7.99...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests