Book Review: Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology (8th edition)
Amy Pepper reviews the 8th edition of the well-regarded medical textbook
This is the 8th edition of this well-regarded medical textbook. Its contributors include several nurses and the subjects covered will be of interest to any nurse or nursing student working with older adults.
This newest edition has been revised with a focus on frailty, which brings it in line with the way geriatric medicine is evolving. It covers a wide range of topics, including biological, medical, psychological and social gerontology. Chapters cover all the main body systems in relation to ageing, meaning it will be useful to nurses across a range of specialties.
It was nice to see some chapters on normal ageing and health promotion, rather than a focus solely on pathology. The chapters on the specific problems of ageing will be of interest to nurses working with older...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests