Baby buddy app review
Targeted at healthcare workers assisting pregnant women, this app is indeed a baby buddy to guide expectant and new mothers through pregnancy and the first stages of motherhood.
Key features include an appointment tracker, a reminder setter and Baby Around, which uses GPS and a postcode tracker to locate useful services in the user’s area.
A particularly good feature is the search engine, where users can ask questions such as: ‘Is it normal to see a baby’s head breathing?’ For any questions the app can't answer, the ‘remember to ask’ tool reminds users to ask at their next appointment.
Baby Buddy can serve as an aid for nurses, midwives and other health professionals to support patients. However, some users may be put off by the interactive elements and graphics, so it is more likely to be embraced by fans of social media....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests