App review: Pulmonary Nodule Risk
This recently launched app aims to help guide nurses, doctors and technicians assess the risk of lung cancer in people with lung nodules.
Developed by Cancer Research UK in collaboration with British Thoracic Society (BTS), the app gives clinicians access to BTS guidelines as well as risk prediction and growth calculators. This helps clinicians to quickly and accurately identify who is at risk and decide next steps for patients, including whether to discharge them, bring them back for monitoring, or proceed with further testing.
The calculators also feature recommendations from the BTS on patient management.
Lung cancer nurse specialists could download this to help guide their assessment, diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary nodules and ensure that management is evidence based.
By bringing guidelines and calculators together, the app may help clinical staff to speed up a lung cancer diagnosis.
Requires iOS 8.1...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests