App review: Pill Reminder
This easy-to-use app sets reminders for users to take their medication.
The £1.99 version allows users to schedule the number of days to take the medicine, take photos, and customise the sound of the reminders and removes ads.
The free option can still be useful but ads do pop up occasionally. Additionally, for users who have several medicines to take, the non-paying option can be limiting as it can only add one medicine reminder at any one time.
While this app is nothing new and there are plenty of pill reminders apps on the market, it is a quick way to manage medicines and pills, particularly for patients who have trouble remembering.
Community nurses could guide patients to keep tabs on their next dose. Sexual health nurses could also guide patients to remind them to take contraceptive pills....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests