App review: Peninsula Communications Skills
Peninsula Communications Skills
★ ★ ★ ★
This app provides healthcare professionals with learning opportunities to improve their communication skills.
Easy-to-use and well-designed, in a colour scheme of white, green and black, the app is divided into five categories. Scenarios include breaking bad news, giving information to patients, communicating with angry patients and communicating with relatives of patients.
In each section, users can watch videos of good and bad examples of communication and answer multiple choice questions relating to the scenario. This is to help users understand best practice when dealing with patients, how to adapt a consultation, be empathetic and know who to include in decision-making. Links for further learning after each section are also useful.
Although this app is targeted at doctors, nurses and other allied health professionals can benefit from learning how to improve communication skills.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests