App review: NICE Guidance
Nurses and health professionals can now access guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) while on the move.
A smartphone app called NICE Guidance is the first to contain authoritative, evidence-based public health guidelines on the most effective way to diagnose, treat and prevent disease and ill health. Topics that can be browsed include safe staffing for nurses, vulnerable population groups, communicable diseases and smoking cessation.
The free app contains all NICE guidelines, organised by clinical and public health topics, such as those on COPD, hypertension, strokes, chronic heart failure, atrial fibrillation, head injuries, depression, ovarian cancer, UTI in children, anxiety and autism.
It automatically receives updates and new guidance as soon as it is published on the NICE website. Particularly helpful is a 'new and updated' section with new content shown in red, with the date when it was added....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests