App review: My Health Guide
This app enables healthcare professionals to communicate better with adults with learning disabilities.
My Health Guide app was devised after parents to a man living with profound learning disabilities were encouraged to summarise their son’s care needs with one single document.
Health professionals can receive and store important information from service users. Features include a contacts book, documents, appointments and alerts. As sections of the app can easily amend information, it is a better alternative to paper diaries which need constant revision.
The app is very user-friendly and users can add images, video and audio. There is also an option to share information with carers and health professionals.
However, a criticism of this app is that it is only available on iPad.
Healthcare providers can benefit from better patient and user communication, integrated working and more effective front-line services....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests