App review: Morecambe Freedom to Speak Up
Morecambe Freedom to Speak Up
★ ★ ★ ★
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust is the first trust in the country to launch an app to make raising concerns easier.
The app was developed as part of its Freedom to Speak Up campaign in July 2015, with the aim to encourage staff to raise concerns about past, present or potential wrongdoings. The issue gets passed on to Heather Bruce, the trust’s Freedom to Speak Up guardian.
Divided into five tabs, the ‘concerns’ column details types of issues, including bullying culture, poor patient care, unsafe working conditions and poor response to a patient safety incident. The ‘protection’ section encourages users to understand how they are protected, why they should raise concerns and how they can stay anonymous.
While the idea is fantastic, its use may be limited to healthcare professionals at the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests