App review: Meningitis – Know the Symptoms
Meningitis – Know the Symptoms
Designed by Meningitis Research Foundation, the app serves as a reference on the symptoms of meningitis and septicaemia.
Students and young people aged under 25 have recently been urged to get a meningitis vaccine against an aggressive strain of meningitis W.
The symptom checker is detailed, ranging from fever and vomiting to seizures. There is even a section for checking babies with meningitis or septicaemia.
The location tracker also shows users where the closest A&E should they be concerned about meningitis or septicaemia. The Bug Blaster game, a virtual battle against bacteria, while may seem trivial, shows how quickly the
While the app is basic, it can be used as a symptom refresher. Even so, it certainly should not replace a health professional’s advice and should not be used as a diagnosis tool....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests