App review: Live Wait Times
Live Wait Times
★ ★ ★ ★
People in North Wales who need treatment for an injury can now obtain up-to-the minute information on waiting times at the region’s minor injuries units (MIUs) and emergency departments (EDs).
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board has teamed up with the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust to develop a smartphone app that shows how many people are waiting at different hospitals, as well as waiting times for patients needing non-urgent treatment.
The app helps users choose the most appropriate NHS ED or walk-in centre for their needs. The app also gives opening times, contact details, directions to different units, and outlines of the care they provide.
Making this information easily available to the public is intended to help people choose the best place to receive help when they have an injury. Even if the journey...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests