App review: ECG – Case studies, tutorials and more
There are plenty of ECG apps around, but the variety of options can make it difficult to decide which one to plump for.
This one offers more than 2,500 case studies to help students and practitioners strengthen their ECG interpretation skills. Case studies cover atrial flutter, ventricular tachycardia and premature atrial contraction.
Beyond the case studies, there are many features that can be easily missed, so it is worth playing around with it. For example, the exam section on the bottom left is a useful tool. Similarly, the ECG clinical interpretation (A-Z) is a helpful refresher.
A minor criticism is that adverts to upgrade appear regularly, which can be frustrating.
Even so, the app would be a helpful way to refresh or test skills for students and nurses working in cardiology, acute medicine and emergency departments.
Free. Available at Apple iTunes. Compatible with Apple devices....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests