App review: Dementia guide for carers and care providers
★ ★ ★ ★
This app is for carers of people with dementia. Developed by Health Education England's Thames Valley team in partnership with the University of Reading and in collaboration with healthcare professionals and carers, it offers practical information to support users' understanding of the progressive nature of dementia and the challenges of caring for someone with the condition.
It is divided into six sections containing information that carers may need to consider, including day-to-day living, legal and money, symptoms and behaviours and medical definitions.
As a guide for carers and care providers, older people's nurses can use the app with carers whose loved ones have dementia to encourage better understanding of living well with the condition.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Also available on iBooks, Kinde Store and Smashwords
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests