App review: Babee on Board
★ ★ ★
This app aims to make it easier for people to be aware if a pregnant person is nearby and needs a seat on public transport. There are two types of the apps. The offer seat app is free and enables users to be notified when a pregnant person presses the button.
The second is the request seat, which enables pregnant women to alert others when they require a seat on public transport. It costs £3.99 and the profit is donated to the charity Project Healthy Children. Both apps use Bluetooth so don’t need a signal and works on the underground.
While this app is useful for pregnant women and commuters, its use for nurses may be limited. Even so, midwives or early pregnancy unit nurses could guide pregnant women to it.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests