App review: Ashford and St Peter’s breast care
This app was developed by Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust to cover essential information on breast care patients in an accessible, non-overwhelming way.
It features a 'meet the team' breast care nurse team section and information on appointments and receiving results. The 'living with and beyond cancer' section also guides users to local patient support groups.
While this will help to allay fears and anxieties for patients at Ashford and St Peter’s, patients at other hospitals will not find these as useful.
Even so, the treatment section may be helpful to breast cancer patients undergoing surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy or hormone therapies with information given on consent, side effects and tips on feelings and working.
This is a great app for nurses to recommend to patients at Ashford and St Peter’s as it eases anxiety and offers more relevant...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests