App provides information on cancer genetics
The Cancer Genetics app is a hereditary cancer risk assessment and referral guide developed by the clinical genetics team at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust with technology company UBQO.
Providing evidence-based risk assessment tools, a reference guide about specific hereditary conditions and links to further information and useful websites, the aim is to provide streamlined referral guidance. The risk assessment tool uses personal, family and medical history to assess the risk of inherited cancer. The app also provides a framework of questions that can be used when managing patients who are concerned about an inherited predisposition to cancer.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Also available on Android
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests