Making care for people with MS equitable, effective and efficient
Megan Roberts, the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Trust’s specialist nurse and advanced practice advisor, highlights the findings of the charity’s MS Forward View report
The MS Trust has just published its final report, summarising the findings and recommendations from a year-long project to explore the challenges of making care for people with MS equitable, effective and efficient.
Twenty years ago there were hardly any services for people with MS. In fact, there were just a handful of MS specialist nurses and a few neurologists with a special interest in the area.
Today there are 241 whole time equivalent MS nurses in the UK, as well as much greater numbers of neurologists and therapists with an in-depth knowledge of MS.
This is due in part to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests