Workforce: No easy way forward on pay even if cap is scrapped
The Scottish Government says it will scrap the 1% public sector pay cap next year, and there is speculation England may follow suit. But even if a decision is made to remove the cap, questions remain about how that will be achieved, says workforce expert James Buchan
Will England's government end the pay freeze? The RCN has been protesting to ‘scrap the cap’, and the Scottish government has already announced it will do just that next year.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests