Legal advice: is it okay to lend a student one of my projects?
Legal expert Marc Cornock advises a newly-qualified nurse on whether she can share her coursework with a student on placement at her workplace
Helping a student is to be applauded and there is nothing legally or ethically wrong with what you propose, but there is an issue with potential plagiarism, whether intentional or not.
If I am doing a project on subject X and you lend me a project you did on subject X in the last 12 months, you don’t know what I will do with your project.
You may be lending it to me so I can see the structure of the project or the resources and references you used, but I may decide to copy your project...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests