COVID-19 antivirals for vulnerable people: treatment options
Advice for nurses on who is eligible for the new and potentially life-saving treatments, what protection they can offer patients and how they are administered
The NHS is now offering potentially life-saving antiviral home treatments to people with COVID-19 who are at greatest risk of becoming seriously ill.
It is hoped that the drugs will help prevent serious illness and hospitalisation in people in certain high-risk groups.
Addition to COVID-19 defences
Health and social care secretary Sajid Javid described the UK as a world leader in finding and rolling out COVID-19 treatments. ‘The booster campaign, testing and antiviral defences ensure our country is in the strongest possible position to deal with the threat posed by the Omicron variant,’ he
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests